The Reading Room
Welcome to the Reading Room. The "Room"
has grown so much that we have created libraries for all of our
documents. There are 9 libraries:
- Accidents - contains "real life"
stories of accidents and incidents where people have self rescued. There
are lots of practical tips from those who have "been there".
- General - contains articles on the principles
of self rescue, rescue, and leadership in emergency situations.
- Health - contains articles on nutrition,
stretching, sleep, endurance, and all those "little things" that
can add up to create a safer cave trip.
- Safety - contains articles on how to stay safe
in various situations. It also contains information on the relationships of safety
- Equipment - contains information on the different
equipment used while caving. It also contains articles on how to care for your
- Techniques - contins articles on rappeling, bolting,
haul systems, anchors, shock loads, navigation, etc.
- Med-Conditions - contains articles on various cave
related diseases and medical conditions.
- Med-Injury - contains information on injuries, and
how to deal with them.
- References - contains information on recommended
reading and videos. There are a lot of great references out there, and we
want you to know about them.
We've added several references to articles that are in PDF.
The PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this
application installed on your machine, you can download it at no cost.
Just click on the button.
If there are any articles you would like to see included in the list,
or if you would like to submit a paper, PLEASE
contact us. We're always looking for
reliable caving and rescue information. The inclusion of links in
the Reading Room is not necessarily an endorsement by the Self Rescue Group.
Pages created June 1998 - Last update April 1999
Copyright ©1998-1999 Cindy Heazlit for The Self Rescue Group
Designed and maintained by