Friday Review - Week One
Week One Learning Objectives
- be able to recognize and write lower case alphabet letters
- know rough and smooth breathing marks and their pronunciation
- recognize 3 accents (acute, circumflex, grave)
- know syllable names and placement: ultima, penult, antepenult
- *study Present Active Indicative (PAI) primary personal endings
- Be able to identify each verb by person, number, tense, voice and mood = conjugating (some call it "parsing")
- *study second declension noun endings (mostly masculine)
- Be able to identify each noun by case, gender, number = declining (some call it "parsing")
- *study first declension noun endings (mostly feminine); three types!
- *study definite article declension (M,F,N)
- adjectives: agrees with noun it modifies in case, gender, and number
- *know adjective uses: attributive, predicative, substantive
- *study first declension masculine nouns
- *study second declension feminine nouns
Retain as much vocabulary as you can in the opening portions of each lesson.
- study prepositions and their cases
Begin to be able to decline nouns and conjugate verbs in these first lessons.
© 1998- Dr. John E. Alsup - all rights reserved